I took these photos of Monarchs on their way south towards a major migration route in Cape May, New Jersey. They took a break in my yard and the gardens I created to help them survive. (See previous posts on my Save the Monarch Project.)
This happened 2 weeks ago, but just now getting a chance to post about it. I can’t tell you how thrilling it was to have them come into the sanctuary I created as they make their long trek south.
If you have been following my blog and my little backyard project, you know the Monarchs are in serious decline. The photos I took were of four individuals that I saw that day. I don’t know if four is an encouraging number or not, as I am pretty new to all of this.
What I do know is that the monarch larvae that were in my garden this year ( if they survived the many preying mantis I have around here) will come back to me in the spring, like kids coming home to where they were born and raised.
And that my friends, is a beautiful thing.
Eileen Anglin, award winning Angelic Energy Artist, Certified Integrative Coach Professional™ specializing in Breakthrough Shadow Coaching. Founder of The Path of the White Rose® LLC. author, teacher and Earth Activist.
To receive notice of future articles and events, sign up for the newsletter.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
You are welcome to share this article with others by email, on your blog or to your mailing list so long as you leave it intact and do not alter it in any way. All links must remain in the article. And, you must include the copyright notice and the bio.
- My Save The Monarch Project: We Have Caterpillars…. (whiterosepath.wordpress.com)
- Why Are Butterflies Disappearing? (blogpestcontrol.com)
- Gillespie: Expert advises people to grow milkweed in their gardens to attract and sustain more of the beautiful insects (lfpress.com)
- Local man looks out for butterflies (record-eagle.com)
- Less milkweed. Fewer monarchs. (hamptonroads.com)
- Yet Another Fallout From GMOs: No More Monarch Butterflies? (sustainablebusiness.com)
- A New Meaning to Day of the Dead (quintamazatlan.wordpress.com)
- Monarch Migration: Late Season Butterfly (everycreepingthing.wordpress.com)
- The Plight of the Monarch Butterfly (theblondegardener.com)
- Where Have All the Monarch Butterflies Gone To? (126.96.36.199)
- [contact-form subject='[Eileen Anglin%26#039;s Angelic Energy Art %26amp; Inspiring Messages From The Path of the White Rose ‘][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]